Rec Training for Trainers
This intensive, day-long training is designed to provide participants with a wealth of training ideas to spruce up summer training sessions! Interactive and dynamic, this workshop will give participants many concrete tools that can be implemented directly into new or existing staff training programs. At Possibilities, we believe in “learning-by-doing”, and participants can expect to be actively involved in all parts of this workshop. Since participants from many organizations and municipalities attend, the day also offers a wonderful chance to network between organizations.
You will learn:
- Icebreakers and get-to-know-you games to welcome and warm-up staff.
- Team development activities that help lay the groundwork for a summer of working together.
- Effective communication strategies that open up the lines of communication amongst staff.
- Tips and tools on how to make the ‘fundamentals’ (ie: the boring stuff!) more fun!
- Group games and energizers to keep everyone on their toes (and to share with the kids, of course!)
- Closing Ideas to energize staff throughout the day and end things on a high note.
This workshop is for those who:
- lead staff training sessions for summer camp staff (including Rec Programmers, Summer Camp Coordinators, and OSC Supervisors)
- anyone who trains staff in any field